Something About Bananas

A place where the latest movies, web videos, technology, gadgets, games, music, internet culture and everything in between come together and explode all over your face. Oh and something about bananas too.

HP6 Poster


I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan but stopped reading after the fifth book so on seeing "The Half Blood Prince", the sixth in the series I was pretty excited as it was the first Potter film that I wouldn't know what was going to happen in the story beforehand. So bare in mind that this review is from the point of view of who someone had not read the book prior to seeing the film.


First of all I have to say I went in to this film with very high hopes as other reviewers had said it was the best Potter film yet. Being a fan of the books I had always felt the films a let down as they just left out so much due to time constraints. Even though I hadn't read the book of this one I still got that feeling. It felt so quick and choppy even though it was 153 minutes long. I could sense the missing chapters that I had never read.

I did enjoy "The Order of the Phoenix" in 2007 however. That would have been the best out of the films, and the books too out of the first five.
Personally I felt this film was not as good as that film and probably not as good as some of the older ones too that to be honest I can't quiet remember.

This one had a lot more romance as the gang get older and start getting emotional...and a bit physical too. We see Hermione falling for Ron as she gets jealous over his new girlfriend Lavender and Harry getting a sneaky kiss from Ginny, Ron's sister. To be honest there is quite a lot of emphasis on these romantic relationships in the film which really takes the darkness away. There is also a lot of humour in this one. The audience where in stitches during some scenes such as Ron eating Romilda Vanes love potion chocolates which made him loopy in love with a girl he never met.

HP6 Harry and Ginny Kiss

However, the main plot is probably the dullest of all the Potter's so far. The Dark Forces are strengthening and showing more presence in both the magical and Muggle world.

Harry finds a potions book with hidden secrets previously owned by the Half Blood Prince which make him excel in potions class.

Dumbledore also recruits him for a task. Professor Slughorn was a Professor in Hogwarts many years ago and has been asked to return as Potions Master. Dumbledore wants to find out a very important secret or more specifically a memory of Slughorn and recruits Harry to get close to him and find out more about it.

Draco Malfoy also has a more prominent role this time as he has an important task to carry out himself just like Harry. But not by Dumbledore. Can you guess who by?

HP6 Draco Malfoy

That's pretty much all I can say without giving any spoilers
I have to say I was a bit disappointed but especially as this film isn't as dark as the previous one even though the Dark Forces are getting stronger but it does get more exciting and indeed darker in the last hour and is well worth a watch if you've been following the series.

I give Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince a 7 out of 10. Harshest review I've seen yet though so maybe it's just me. Here is the trailer.
Click "HD" for higher quality.


1 comments:

Hi,
It was really awesome video i really like it i need more like this so whenever you free share some more..

Post a Comment